Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes.
This recipe will make 6 mini bundt cakes + one round 8" or 9" cake OR one 10" bundt cake. Alternatively, if you have a mini bundt pan and just want to make the 6 mini bundt cakes, cut all the ingredients portions in half. If you make the round cake or large 10" bundt, you will have to adjust the oven temp and baking time. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes for a regular sized cake or 10" bundt cake.
For the Cake:
- 1½ cups brewed coffee
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup natural cocoa powder + additional for dusting the bundt pan
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter or cooking spray for the bundt pan
For the Ganache:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) good quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped OR semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels OR a blend of both bittersweet chocolate and semi-sweet morsels
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
For the Mini Bundt Cakes:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Brew 1½ cups of coffee. While the coffee is brewing, butter (or spray with cooking spray) the bundt pan and then dust with cocoa powder. Do this well to ensure the mini bundt cakes come out of the bundt pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for 20 seconds. Mix with the coffee and cocoa powder. Stir with a wire whisk. Once everything is combined, add the sugar and whisk until it has dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk the eggs into the chocolate mixture. Slowly add the flour mixture and continue to whisk. Once all of the ingredients have been combined you will be left with a batter with the consistency of a slightly thick soup.
- Pour the batter into the mini wells of the bundt pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the bundt pan from the oven and let cool for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Once cooled, gently run a butter knife or fork around the sides of each cake to gently remove from the bundt pan. You can also loosen the edges of each mini bundt cake with a butter knife or fork and place a wire rack directly up against your bundt pan and invert so the mini bundt cakes just fall out.
For the Ganache:
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized mixing bowl. Using a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Cook until small bubbles appear on the outside edge of the cream and let sit on the stove for a minute longer. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chopped chocolate. Using a wire whisk, gently stir until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle the ganache on the cooled bundt cakes, top with the fresh berries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.