We have teamed up with PRE Brand to create a recipe using their newly available chuck roast, we new immediately what we were going to make. TACOS!!! Check below for our recipe for barbacoa tacos at home!
Ingredients for barbacoa:
- 4 lbs PRE Brand chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 - 4 chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1¼ cups beef broth
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp salt, then more to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
ngredients for tacos:
- corn tortillas
- favorite salsa
- whatever else you love on your tacos!
- Cut the beef into large cubes. In a large skillet over medium high heat add the vegetable oil, salt and pepper and sear the beef on each side. Transfer to your slow cooker.
- In a food processor add adobo chilis, beef broth, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, cloves, and lime juice. Pulse until blended and pour on top of the meat.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours. Shred the meat with two forks and turn on warm.
- Warm your tortillas in the oven and prep your toppings.
- Grab a plate and build your tacos!